Mission & Objectives
The Australasian Neuroscience Nurses Association (ANNA), as the peak body for neuroscience nurses, facilitates and fosters the advancement of neuroscience nursing thus enabling optimal patient centred care.
ANNA achieves this through the provision of opportunities to network, access to resources, promotion and support of the neuroscience speciality.
- To support the ongoing development of the Neuroscience Nursing specialty to enable optimal health care delivery and outcomes for patients and their families;
- To ensure systems and processes are utilised to ensure compliance with all relevant legal, professional and business regulations;
- To implement and maintain accountable member centred services that support the functions of the Association and maintain financial responsibility and sustainability of the Association;
- To enhance and maintain services and activities that promote networking of members and the broader health care systems.
The purposes of the ANNA shall be the development and advancement of neuroscience nursing by:
- Encouraging and providing an avenue for personal and professional communication between neuroscience nurses throughout Australasia;
- Encouraging the exchange and dissemination of knowledge, skills and ideas in the field of neuroscience nursing;
- Continuing education by means of written data, lectures and seminars;
- Encouraging clinical nursing research in neuroscience;
- Developing neuroscience nursing as a discipline;
- Promoting optimal patient outcomes through the use of evidence based nursing standards;
- Promoting networking between professional bodies at regional, state, national and international levels within a multidisciplinary framework;
- Providing leadership on all matters pertaining to the professional and clinical speciality of neuroscience nursing;